As many as 3,000 Fauquier County children at risk of hunger receive breakfast and/or lunch through the School Nutrition Program. During summer vacation there is no program. YOU can help by purchasing some or all of the following items listed below:
- Shelf milk – ultra-pasteurized (UHT) milk or powdered milk
- Cereal – prefer non-sugared
- Small boxes of raisins
- Juice boxes
- Peanut butter and jelly – plastic jars PLEASE
- Cereal bars
- Tuna or chicken with crackers in a package
- Snack sizes of fruit in individual containers
- Small mac and cheese (microwaveable)
- V8 Fusion juice (any flavor, 8oz. cans or 6.75 oz. juice boxes)
- Microwavable pasta items (ex. Chef Boyardee)
- Any healthy snacks other than nuts
If you prefer, you can make a monetary donation. Please make checks payable to Grace Church with Summer Meals for Kids on the memo line.
You can also donate online.
Food donations must be at Grace by NOON Thursday, July 13 for packing and distribution on Saturday, July 15.
Please place items on the cart in the hallway outside the Parish Hall.